Friday, June 23, 2006

a petition to the Japanese Ministry of Education

I expect most Singaporeans would be aware of the Sook Ching and other war crimes committed by Japan during 1937 to 1945. I decided to start an online petition because, it couldn't hurt and summer has begun, meaning plenty of free time to devote to such idealistic activities.

Currently it has only one sole signatory, seeing how it just commenced, but it's available at http://www.petitiononline.com/jpwhtwsh/petition.html. I guess I shouldn't be too ambitious, and my intention is not to directly force the Ministry to change rather than to stir up outrage (at this clearly outrage-worthy state of affairs) among Japanese who may encounter it. Then some semblance of responsibility can be come to from within.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home